Pakistan Army is one of the most powerful and disciplined army of the World. They choose and train the best personals from the citizens of Pakistan. Similarly, they need doctors for their army man’s and also for the betterment of the society. This piece of writing will discuss the whole procedure to be the part of Pakistan Army. We try our best to elaborate the every point in very simple and impressive manner so that everyone should understand it. The main purpose of this writing is to create awareness among the people, how to join the Pakistan Army as a doctor and serve the Guards of the Nation. So you need to read all the points carefully to develop an understanding about the Army medical section. The further explanation is given below.
Eligibility criteria to become a Doctor in Pakistan Army:
Every field has an eligibility criterion to choose the best candidates for the desired posts. To pick the right person for the right post is a tough work. The Armed forces defined a set of conditions for the selection of suitable candidates. Similarly, persons who fulfill the pre-selection requirements they proceed for further steps. In this section we should elaborate the all steps one by one to develop understanding. By reading all the points you may definitely get the understanding and get enrolled yourself for the competition to become a army doctor.
- General Medical Duty Officer (GMDO) as Captain
The candidates having MBBS or equivalent qualification recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC)
- Dental Surgeon as Captains
The candidates have Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent degree recognized by PM&DC.
- Classified Specialists as Major:
- Anesthesiology (HPG)
- Pathology (HPG)
- Basic Medicine Science
- Gynecology (HPG)
- Surgeon (HPG)
The candidates must have MBBS with higher postgraduate qualification i.e. MRCOG, FCPS (PAK), FRCS, MS American Boards etc.
The age matters a lot when someone wants to join Army. The age limit is fixed by the army rules. The persons having the age of 28-31 years are eligible to join the Pak Army.
To join the Pak Army, there is no restriction for the married or unmarried persons. Both are eligible to join the Pak Army.
Male (Married / Unmarried)
Female (Married /Unmarried / Widow)
The nationality matters in the selection of Armed forces personals. They have to be patriotic and sacrificing. To be the part of Armed forces Doctor’s teams one must lies below mentioned facts;
- The candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan.
- The candidates of Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan are also eligible.
Other than the above mentioned no matter what nationality he/she have, not eligible for any post in the PAK army.
Standards of Physical Measurement:
The person who is going to be the part of Pakistan army he has to know about the physical standard. The army has pre-selection physical standards to choose best of the best from the masses.
Male 5’.4’’ (162.5cm)
Female 5’.2” (157.5cm)
Procedure of Registration:
The registration procedure is very simple. One should follow the following instructions and he get enrolled himself for the desired post in the Army. The registration procedure is given below;
- The candidate should submit his application by using internet.
- The applicant may pay a visit to the AS&RCs by himself to register himself for the desired post of Doctor along with his all related documents.
- The overseas candidates having Pakistan Nationality can apply at nearest Consulate General of Pakistan.
- No other means are facilitated by the GHQ.
Procedure of Selection:
The whole procedure of selection is discussed below step by step;
- Initially the general intelligence test taken from the candidates based on MCQ’s.
- Secondly, the candidates will go under initial medical examination at AS&RCs.
The short listed candidates by AS&RCs will be called for interview by GHQ Selection boards at Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi. The final decision of the selection will be made by GHQ on the basis of overall performance of the candidates.
Required Documents at AS&RCs:
- Original documents and detailed mark sheets of Matriculation, FS.c pre-medical, MBBS, etc.
- Two attested photocopies of all above mentioned documents.
- Attested copies of diplomas from PM&DC.
- Two attested photocopies of house job certificate if already done.
- In case of Government servant must bring No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concern department.
- One attested copy of Domicile
- Attested copy of Computerized National Identity Card
- 6 recent photographs duly attested by both sides
- Crossed postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favor of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi
Post- Selection Bond
It is mandatory for the successful candidates to sign a bond agreement to serve minimum five (05) years for the armed forces. No person should leave the organization after getting the training from the specified centers of the organization at Rawalpindi and Abbottabad.