BDS is known as Bachelor in Dental Surgery. This program mostly accompanies the dentist professional field’s theory work. Just as similar to MBBS the BDS also involves such programs that bring the students closer to the medical sections. As on one hand the MBBS gives the knowledge regarding every single aspect of the human interior and external body in the same way BDS enables the students to get more know how in relation with the mouth sectors of human so view the Bachelor Of Dental Surgery (BDS) Scope, Subjects Syllabus, Admissions in Pakistan information below. It is a post graduate program that includes four years of education and one year of training program that is termed as the internship. But according to the newest pattern of BDS the program has been renamed with the schedule of four years that does not involved any sort of internships of training. The students can apply for the BDS after the completion of intermediate through the entry test that is considered to be essentially requisite for the admission criteria.
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery BDS Career Option
The advantageous courses in four years of program help the students to get closer to the professional areas. As the years passed the student get more enthusiastic for making his professional career and these courses certainly help him or her to choose the just the right field work. Some of the prominent job areas are as follows:
- Educational Institutions
- Health Care Centers
- Service divisions
- Rescue Centers
- Dispensaries Stores
EMPLOYMENT AREAS FOR BDS STUDENTS:
- Senior Dentist Officer
- Dentist Teaching Staff Member
- Professor and Lecturer
- Marketing Executive for BD
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
- Assistant Professor of Head
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedics
- Health Advisor
- Manger of Health Care Center
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery BDS Major Subjects
The BDS program has been divided into four years of program and each year introduce different courses as the major subjects. Each of the subjects is highly helpful to know additional aspects about the dentistry fields. The first year involves the following major subjects.
- Physiology including Biochemistry
- Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
- Sciences of Dental Materials and Laboratory Equipments
SECOND YEAR COURSES:
- Oral Anatomy, Histology and Tooth Morphology
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- General Bacteriology
THIRD YEAR COURSES:
- Oral Diagnosis and Medicine
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
FOURTH YEAR PROGRAMS:
- Operative and Conservative Dentistry
- Prosthetic and Prosthodontics
- Oral Surgery, Anesthesia and Forensic Medicine
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery BDS Admission Requirements
Some of the eminent terms for the admission in BDS are as follows:
- All the applicants are required to pass the special entry test of SAT II for getting admission.
- The matriculation marks will carry the 10% in the final selection whereas the intermediate will account 40% marks score.
- The entry test will also involve the 37% marks and interview conduction will also accompany the 12% marks in final merit list.
- The students must have passed the chemistry, physics and biology in intermediate in passing percentage.
- In the SAT II test the students must have to score minimum 550 marks.
- For the A level students they have to get maximum 60% marks in chemistry and biology subjects.
- There is no age limit for getting the admission in BDS.
- The foreign students can just get the admission after passing the SAT II test. Furthermore, they are also required to submit the educational certificate from Ministry of Education along with the application forum.
On the whole Bachelor in Dentist Surgery has undoubtedly opened up the path of successful future for all those students who wish to make their name in the field of medicine for the dentist category. All the students who are free from the intermediate they should apply now for the next year of BDS entry test and we are sure that this degree will definitely gives you enormous beneficial.