Federal Urdu University is one of the best known and well distinguished universities in Pakistan This University has been based upon the studies of arts, technology and sciences. The main campus of the university has been placed on University Road in Gulshan Town, Lahore. This university has been switched with two campuses as one has been located in Abdul Haq Campus at Baba-e-Urdu Road and second is set up in Islamabad at Zero Point. Every year almost 13,500 students are enriched with the degrees within the field of electrical engineering, computer science, Urdu, management science and economics. Federal Urdu University was established in 1949 by Baba-e-Urdu Maulvi Abdul Haq. Hence, in the very beginning it was offered with the status of being the college but in 2002 this college was granted with the standard of university. On 23rd November, 2002 this university was announced as being the University of Pakistan and hence the one of the single university that is offering the teaching classes in Urdu Language.
Federal Urdu University has been also established with the combined collaboration with the Federal; Urdu Arts College and Federal Urdu Science College. General Pervaz Musharraf was the first Vice Chancellor of this university. However, now the university is run by Asif Ali Zardari as the chancellor and Professor Muhammad Qaiser as the Vice Chancellor. The teaching staff has been equipped with the finest and top excellent experience that has been helping the students to get much closer with the education system. The university has been covering the graduate and post graduate programs for the students. There are three main campuses of Federal Urdu University that have been placed in the following destinations:
- Abdul Haq Campus at Baba-e-Urdu Road, Karachi (previously known as Federal Urdu Arts College)
- Gulshan Campus at University Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi (previously known as Federal Urdu Science College)
- Islamabad campus, Sector G-7/1, near Zero point, Islamabad (established in 2003)
Some of the main admission details about the university are as follows:
- For getting admission in Master program for Business Administration the student must have 60% marks with minimum 2.50 CGPA in MBA, MPA BBA and must have attained 50% marks percentage in GAT test as well.
- BBA offers 4 years of education that covers the requirement that the student have to pass intermediate with 60% from known university.
- For MBA admission the student must have complete 14 years of BSC, BBA or BA education with almost 50% marks percentage.
- For MBA Executive the student must have passed the 14 years of education in BBA and BSC degree along with two years of experience.
- For getting into the Bachelor of Computer Science the students should pass pre engineering in intermediate with maximum 50% marks percentage.
- For MSC in Computer Science the student should complete the education of bachelor with 50% marks percentage.
- For MSC in Physics the students must have passed the BSC in Physics or Mathematics with the completion of 2nd division.
- For doing MA in Urdu the student should have passed the BA in Urdu with maximum 50% percentage.
- For PhD programs the students must have enrich with 16 years of education.
- In all the admission procedure the GAT tests is necessary so the student must have pass with the GAT test with maximum 50% marks.
Institute Contact Info
|Contact Address:||Sector G-7/1, Islamabad|