Here we will discuss difference between GMAT and GRE. If we talk about most important and difficult tests for getting admission in business management programs then we should mention the names of GMAT and GRE. In this world, many universities and colleges require GMAT and GRE tests for getting the admissions. Now the question is that what is the main differences between GMAT and GRE? Firstly, we would like to mention that GMAT is also known as Graduate Management Admission Test and GRE is also known as Graduate Record Examination. Moreover, GMAT test is normally taken by the students who want to apply for different business schools. On the other hand, that student who wants to get non-business graduate degree takes the GRE test. We would like to mention that GMAT test is widely used and accepted for those students who want to take an admission in business schools.
This informative and well detailed article has been written for those students who want to read the main differences between GMAT and GRE? The main and important differences are as follows:
- The most important difference is that GRE test is less expensive as compared to GMAT test. We would like to mention that the cost of GRE is $ 140 and the cost of GMAT is $ 250.
- Another important and main difference is that GRE test is given more test locations in the whole world as compared to GMAT.
- Thirdly, we would like to mention that GRE and GMAT test are almost similar, but they are different in terms of scores, verbal and quantitative sections. Firstly, we would like to mention that GRE test consists of verbal as well as quantitative sections and student can earn almost 200 to 800 points. On the other hand, the GMAT test is almost scored between 200 to 800. This test has verbal as well as quantitative sections.
- Moreover, the writing sections of both the test are similar and both the tests include two essay questions.
- If we talk about main differences between GRE and GMAT then we would mention the verbal section. We would like to mention that the verbal section of GRE test consists of antonyms, sentence completion and reading different comprehension passages. If we talk about GMAT verbal section then it includes critical reasoning, sentence correction and reading comprehension.
- The last important difference between GRE and GMAT is the quantitative section. We would like to mention that the quantitative section of GRE is less difficult as compared to GMAT. Secondly, the GRE test does not have data sufficiency section.
On the whole after discussing the main differences between GMAT and GRE it is easy to conclude that these are considered to be main differences of both the tests. In other words, we can say that GMAT test is specially designed for business programs. In the final conclusion we can say that if any student wants to appear for GRE and GMAT tests then he should understand the main differences between them.