Community Medicine is the branch of medicine. It deals with the study of maintenance, protection, and improvement of health status. It also refers to the study of health care issues affecting communities as a whole. Community Medicine gained high worth and momentum in Pakistan but its reflection cannot be seen on the general public in terms of true and basic public health. There is a number of excellent institutes in Pakistan which are offering Community Medicine at both bachelors and masters level. You can easily find the best and comprehensive detail here regarding the scope of community medicine in Pakistan, job opportunities and salary of a Community Medicine Expert, major subjects of community medicine and the list of universities which are offering community medicine in Pakistan. Keep reading this article till the end will probably help you in this regard.
Scope of Community Medicine In Pakistan
The Scope of Community Medicine in Pakistan:
Community Medicine in Pakistan bears huge scope and demand. There are so many Community Medicine experts are required in almost every field of Medicine. A community Medicine Expert is never a jobless person in Pakistan. Pakistan is one of the country having health care issues so that’s why the community medicine experts bear demand scope in this field.
Community Medicine Jobs In Pakistan:
The community medicine experts are earning no doubt very high in Pakistan. There is huge and demand scope of Clinical Hematology in Pakistan. Hematology is serving in almost every medical related organization, hospital, lab or research department, it merges into so many leading medical fields in Pakistan.
- Public Hospital
- Public Hospitals
- Private Hospitals and Clinics
- Medical Labs
- Research Centers
- Local and International Team Centers
- Protein Analyst
- Scientific Curator
- Scientific Writer
- Gene Analyst
Community Medicine Salary In Pakistan:
The salary for BSc community medicine in Pakistan is starting from Rs. 50,000/- per month and the amount of salary per month would be Rs. 150, 000/- in both public and the private sector. Moreover, the community medicine salary in Pakistan varies according to the degree marks as well as the experience of a candidate. So we can’t state any fixed amount of salary for a doctor of community medicine.
Community Medicine Subjects In Pakistan:
Following are the major subjects of Community Medicine which are offering most of the universities in Pakistan.
- Medical Physiology
- Principles of Community Health
- Drug Education
- Nutrition for Health
- Intro to Environmental Health
- Forensic Toxicology and Medicine
- Massage Therapy and stress
- Intro to Microbiology
- Basics of Pharmacology
- Basics of Pathology
- Community Health and Safety
- Health Education
- Diseases of Public, Health Importance
- Community Mental Health
- Community Ophthalmology
- Emerging and Re-emerging Diseases
- Controversial Issues of Community Health.
Universities Offering Community Medicine in Pakistan:
There is number of excellent universities are there in Pakistan which is offering Community Medicine, the names of some of the universities are listed below;
- National University of Medical Sciences (Rawalpindi)
- Isra University (Islamabad)
- The University of Faisalabad (Faisalabad)
- Dow University of Health Sciences (Karachi)
- Institute for Public Health (Lahore)
- Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute (Lahore)
- Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (Jamshoro)
- Health Services Academy (Islamabad)
- Institute of Health and Management Sciences (Islamabad)
- Postgraduate Medical Institute (Peshawar)
So this is all about the scope of community medicine in Pakistan, jobs, salary, subjects, universities offering BSc community medicine in Pakistan. Hope you are all now well aware of this course. If you have any comment relating to this course you can add to the following comment section.