Bachelors in sociology in Pakistan is the field of social science which refers to the study of social interaction including the behavior of groups and organizations. Sociology scope in Pakistan is getting better day by day due to its career orientation. It is one of the best academic disciplines of Humanities. As we know that a human being is a social animal. A sociologist will be able to understand the skills of understanding the social structure, conflicts, social behavior, culture, ethnic interaction, economic stratification, effects of ecology. Our society is suffering from so many social problems which can be only solved by the scientific study of society. It is very helpful in changing our attitudes towards human beings. And we have lots of working sectors with this field that is why the scope of sociology in Pakistan is getting higher day by day. in this article we are further talking about the jobs opportunities, salary, subjects, and Universities offering BSc sociology in Pakistan admission requirements. Just keep on reading this article and you will be done with maximum and major detail about this course of study.
BS Sociology In Pakistan
Here below we are going to exhibit important information regarding scope and salary of sociology, job opportunities, major subjects of sociology, and eligibility criteria for Sociology at Bachelors and Master Level and the list of universities which are offering sociology. Below mentioned information will surely help you in this regard.
Sociology Scope In Pakistan:
The scope of sociology in Pakistan is not very high but it has many career options. It opens many doors for employment in Pakistan in both the public and private sectors. There was an age when societies or communities were easily analysis for any kind of circumstance to meet the ongoing to conditions. But now with the passage of time and advancement in technology the situation has changed. We are engaged to get sort out these social needs with the help of sociology. That is why we can estimate that how the sociology scope in Pakistan is important in current and upcoming times.
Sociology Salary In Pakistan:
The starting salary of sociologist in Pakistan varies from sector to sector. According to an estimate starting salary of BS Sociology is Rs. 35000 to 90,000 and starting salary of MS in Sociology is Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 in Pakistan. The students who are studying sociology can easily be able to earn well in the coming future and lead a successful life. So if you think of choosing a career orienting field of studies then you are on the right way of selection to get a well-balanced position in society.
Sociology Jobs In Pakistan:
Sociology in Pakistan is a very vast and versatile field which is emerging into almost every field of life. We can estimate the sociology scope in Pakistan with the number of job opportunities we have after it. It opens many doors of employment into both public and private sectors. A sociologist can easily work as a
- Applied Sociologist
- Social Scientist
- Data Collector
- Field Worker
- Civil Servant
- Public Relation Officer etc
- Research Institutions
- Law Firms
- Private and Public Firms
- Survey and Polling Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Medical Centers
- Health and Welfare Organizations
- Agricultural Corporations
- Government Agencies
BS Sociology Subjects In Pakistan:
Bachelors in Sociology in Pakistan is a four years undergraduate degree program. Different universities have their different scheme of study about the syllabus and subjects of Sociology subjects in Pakistan.
- Introduction to Sociology
- Classical Sociological Theories
- Social Psychology
- Political Sociology
- Sociology of Culture
- Research Methods
- NGO Management
- Introduction to Demography
- Sociology of Development
- Social Problems of Pakistan
- Gender Studies
- Sociology of Social Work
- Population Aging and Society
- Sociology of Globalization
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Personality and Social Systems
- Introduction to Computer Applications
Sociology Admission Requirements in Pakistan:
For taking admission in BS sociology in Pakistan, one has to meet the following admission criteria i.e. eligibility criteria set by the ministry of education Government of Pakistan.
BS Sociology Admission Criteria:
- In order to get admission in BS Sociology, the interested candidate have to pass 12th standard or equivalent degree from any HEC recognized institute
- The candidate must have 45% marks in inter
- The candidates who have less than 45% marks in inter he/she will not be able to apply for admission in BS Sociology.
MS Sociology Admission Criteria:
- In order to get admission in Masters in Sociology;
- The interested candidates have to pass or BSc with any two of following elective subjects will be able to apply for MS in Sociology
- Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Applied Psychology, History, Social Work, Islamic Studies, Home Economics, Philosophy, Statistics, Geography, Education, Journalism, Botany, Zoology, English Literature, Mathematics, Computer Science, Health and Physical Education, Chemistry and Physics.
Universities Offering Sociology In Pakistan:
There are a number of excellent colleges and universities in Pakistan which are offering Sociology at Bachelors and Masters Level, some of them are listed below;
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST)
- Government College University
- Government College Women University
- University of Karachi
- Virtual University of Pakistan
- UMT All Campuses
- University of Agriculture
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- International Islamic University
- Quaid-e-Azam University
- UOS University of Sargodha
- UOP University of Peshawar
- University of Gujrat
- Riphah International University
- The University of Lahore
Hence these are all the details about Sociology scope in Pakistan, salary, jobs, subjects, offering universities in Pakistan for both BSc and MSc. You can grab a successful career with this field and can hold a successful career in sociology.