Bachelors in Journalism in Pakistan has gained a higher value and here we are telling you the journalism scope in Pakistan jobs, salary, subjects, universities offering BA in journalism is all written here. It refers to the study of gathering and presenting of news, reports, events, on the interaction of ideas and facts. Journalism is undoubtedly the most important component of our society. A Journalist is a sound mind person who has the ability to collect, writers and distributes news and reports. If you have keen guts in writing and speaking then you can easily get a step in Journalism. The Journalism scope in Pakistan in the current age is very high. A journalist with Bachelors and Masters level degree will not be a jobless person at this current age. There are so many excellent colleges and universities which are offering Journalism/Mass Communication at Bachelor and Masters Level.
Journalism Scope In Pakistan
I recommend selecting journalism in order to make your future bright. It helps you and keeps you updated with every news and report of happening in a specific country or even the world. Here below you can easily find the detail information regarding scope and salary of a journalist, job opportunities in different sectors, the list of major subjects and the eligibility criteria for both BS and MS in Journalist.
Journalism Scope In Pakistan:
Without any doubt, we can say that there are a huge career and scope of Journalism in Pakistan. A journalist can easily employ in both public and private sectors. There is a huge career and bright future options in both BS and MS in Journalism in Pakistan. A BS journalism degree holder can earn from 40,000 to 150,000 and MS journalism can earn from 50,000 to 200,000 monthly in Pakistan. This is one of the highest paying professions in Pakistan. I must recommend studying journalism/mass communication in order to beat in this competitive age.
Journalism Jobs In Pakistan:
There are so many job opportunities are available in Pakistan for a journalist. A journalist can easily become reporter and anchorperson in any new channel. There are many types of reporters that are a news reporter, crime reporter, political reporter, court reporter, commerce reporter, educational reporter, and showbiz reporter etc. he/she can also work as a video joker, filmmaker, Disc Joker, Photographer, Advertisement Consultant, Professor etc. A journalist can easily apply in any sector with handsome salary package listed below;
- Public Relation Departments
- Advertising Agencies
- Press Media
- Electronic Media
- Public Dealing Departments
- Show Biz
Journalism Subjects In Pakistan:
Bachelors of journalism is a four years undergraduate degree program which is being offered by different universities. All the universities have their different scheme of study to be offered for the BS journalism subjects in Pakistan. Here we are just sharing the major subjects of Journalism in Pakistan.
- Sub Editing
- Social Psychology
- Comparative Social Sciences
- Editorial Page
- Press History & Press Laws
- Project and Seminars
- Research Methodology
- Public Relations
- History of Pakistan Journalism
- English Comprehension
- Communication Skills
- Technical and Business Writing
- Introduction to Computer
- Sports Reporting
- Business Reporting
- Crime Reporting
- Semantics Theory
- Script Writing Techniques
- Magazine Journalism
- Electronic Journalism
- New Trends in Journalism
- Press Ethics
BS Journalism In Pakistan Eligibility:
- In order to get admission in BS Journalism/Mass Communication, the candidate must have passed intermediate in any discipline from an HEC recognized college.
- Interested candidates must have 50% marks in inter in all major subject and 60% marks required for A-level Students in all major subjects.
- Students are required to score at least 40% marks in mass communication interview.
- The final selection will be decided on the merit list.
MSc Journalism In Pakistan Eligibility:
- In order to get admission in MS Journalism, the interested candidates must have a graduate degree in mass communication/journalism as his major subjects.
- The interested candidate must be under 26 years; the admission application will be canceled if the age of candidates will be more than 26 years.
- Final selection will be decided on the merit list.
Universities Offering Journalism In Pakistan:
There is a number of colleges and universities in Pakistan which are offering BS and MS in journalism. Some of them are listed below.
- Iqra University (Karachi)
- Lahore Garrison University
- University of Punjab
- University of Sargodha
- Lahore College for Women University
- The University of Karachi
- The University of Lahore
- University of Central Punjab
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Superior University
- International Islamic University
- The University of Faisalabad
- The University of Peshawar
Hence these are all the details about Journalism scope in Pakistan jobs, salary, subjects, offering universities. I am hoping that you have obtained all the details relating to this course. This career orienting field provides healthy career build opportunities so you should avail these opportunities so that you can grab a successful career.